Thursday, August 21, 2014

Practice Blog post

OUTLINE

I. Who am I?

A. my name

B. where I am from

II.What are my favorite things to do?

A. spending time with family and my boyfriend

B. scary movies

C. listening to music

D. beach

III. Why am I attending the University of South Alabama?

A. I did not want to go away

B. I am still allowed to live at home

IV. Why do I want to be a teacher?

A. help teach children

B. allow myself to learn from the children

C. to be able to allow the children to forget about everything else going on and just focus on school

V. What does an educator do in the twenty-first century?

A. find different ways to teach concepts

B. must have patience

C. allow students to have the opportunity to be hands on especially with technology in classroom

VI. What are my passions?

A. picture

1. What I do best?

a. baking

2. What do I like doing the most?

a. beach and boating

3. What is one thing that I want to get better at?

a. singing

VII. Important things about me

A. hobbies

B. have three younger brothers


I am Lauren Lee and I live in Theodore, Alabama. My major interests are spending time with my family and boyfriend, watching scary movies, listening to music and going to the beach. I became a student at the University of South Alabama because I have lived in Theodore, Alabama my whole life and I could not fathom having to leave my family and go away to college. While attending the University of South Alabama, I am able to still live at home and drive forty-five minutes to school.

I am wanting to become an elementary teacher because I want to help teach children and allow myself to learn from the children. I also want to allow the students to have a place where they can get away from whatever may be going on in their life and just focus on learning and having fun. In the twenty-first century, an educator's job entails not only teaching but finding different ways to get their students to understand what is being taught. An educator in today's society must have patience especially dealing with children and technology. The students must also be taught using hands on teaching especially with how much technology has had an influence in school.



Source:Stephanie Rector

One of my major passions and something that I am the best at is baking. I love to bake desserts for occasions and just because. Some of my other passions include going to the beach and going out on the boat even if it is just to go riding for a little while. I am a horrible singer and that is something that I have always wanted to get better at. Some important things about me are that I enjoy hiking and exploring caves, and hunting. I have three younger brothers and I have been raised with them always trying to beat up on me and act like I am one of the boys so this has made me become an extremely strong person.







No comments:

Post a Comment