Saturday, August 23, 2014

Blog Post One: What about EDM 310?

What I have heard about EDM 310 is that it is very time consuming and you must stay on top of your work and not wait until the last minute to try and complete because more than likely you will not be able to get it all done by the deadline. The fears that I have about this class is that I will not be able to adjust to the workload that this class entails and end up getting behind in this class and having it affect my grade. I also fear about having to grade myself and Dr.Strange not believing in grades but in honest self-reflection when I have never had to determine what I think I should have in a course. EDM 310 is a lot different from any class that I have taken in high school or in my two years that I have been in college because of how technology based this class is and how everything is on the computer. It is also a lot different from any other classes that I have ever taken because we are not tested on what we learn and have to memorize for tests but in this class we are actually hands on and apply what we learn in EDM 310 in our posts.EDM 310 is similar to classes that I have taken before with how this class requires that you must spend at least nine hours a week on a class but I feel like this class is actually going to require a lot more than nine hours a week.

I believe that the most difficult thing for me about EDM 310 is how everything that I do in this class is on my blog for the whole world to see. This is a very scary concept for me to get used to. I believe that the best way for me to address this "most difficult" aspect for this class is just to practice and give myself plenty of time to complete my projects. I know that with time everything gets easier it just takes a while to get adjusted to new concepts taught in this class. Also, I must practice blogging a lot more to become better at it and allow myself to be patient and not get frustrated and give up on myself and on this class. I do not have anymore questions about EDM 310 because Dr.Strange has been very clear on what he expects out of us in this class and the projects are detailed very well.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you when you say it will require more than the required 9 hours a week for the assignments given. I am sure that soon enough the assignments will begin to increase in difficulty. However, should we tackle this "most difficult" task by applying ourselves as you said, I am sure that we should be able to finish our assignments on time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This course seems overwhelming, at first, but once you get the hang of everything, it becomes a lot easier! Also, any time you post something on the internet, it is out there for the world to see. This is just the curse and blessing of using the internet! Future employers will Google you to see what kinds of things show up, so it's always good to be careful about what you post on the internet.

    As long as you submit your assignments on time and give them your best shot, you'll be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren, I do understand and fully agree with you about your feelings and your concerns about EDM310. I say that I agree because I too share the same concerns as well. This class will test my skills as far as time management and getting over my fears of posting for the world to see. I believe that the demand to be on time with all our work will help us with getting a grip on the "inner laziness" that we all struggle with controlling. I was a bit on the apprehensive side about everyone being able to see our blog post, but if we just remember that it is a learning experience we will be just fine. EDM310 will be a challenge, but with a lot of had work and dedication we will succeed and accomplish the goals we set out to do.

    ReplyDelete