Saturday, October 25, 2014

Blog Assignment #10

  I really enjoyed watching the video chat between Dr. Strange and Mrs. Cassidy. In the video chats, she made a lot of good points about technology and about the use of it in the classroom. I loved how she talked about how technology has advanced so much and how it is used by everyone that teachers need to incorporate technology into their lessons and make it as an everyday teaching method.
  I think it is great that Mrs. Cassidy uses blogs in her classroom and allows parents to have access to view their child's blog. I believe this is a great way of using technology because students are able to work on their writing skills and their creativity. This is also a great teaching tool because it allows parents to see what their students are doing and the students' family members can post on their blogs and encourage the students to keep up the good work. When students are encouraged it makes them a lot more confident and makes them want to work harder.
 I definitely want to incorporate using blogs with my students when I start teaching because I want to keep my students engaged and this will give them the opportunity to better their writing skills and they will be able to interact with others by using the blogs. Some of the issues that I might have with using the blogs in the classroom is that some parents may be skeptical about having their children posting online. I would approach this issue by assuring parents that I will make sure that everything is safe and that I will have to approve comments before allowing them to be posted on the students blogs and make sure nothing is negative in the post. Also I will be monitoring that the students are only posted on the blog sites that I give them and that I will be sure to guide them in the right direction.
Students Blogs

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Lauren enjoyed your post. I thought the organization was great. I saw an error. You had a run on sentence for the first sentence in paragraph 3. I did not see any other errors. I wonder what technology advances we will have to deal with when we become teachers? I love the use of the picture for student blogs. I had some difficulty finding a picture that had relevance to the blog post. I also think blogs benefit so much more beside the students. The parents have a great way to see their child's progress and monitor their work. Do you think you will run a class blog? I loved your point of how people can encourage the students by commenting on their blog. I never thought of it like that. Encouragement helps everyone especially, students.

    ReplyDelete